AWard To-Do List
AWard Moving Services, Inc. also offers a full line of moving supplies, including packing tape, stretch wrap, bubble wrap, packing paper and other packing supplies.
- Wardrobe Boxes
- Kitchen Dish Barrel Boxes
- Picture and Mirror Boxes
- Cell Packs
- Lamp and Media Boxes
- Office/File Boxes
- Picture Pads
- Bubble Wrap
- Stretch Wrap
- Packing Tape
- Packing Paper
- Packing Peanuts
- Moving Labels
Reusable plastic crates are easier to use and environmentally friendly. Plastic crates can be used for commercial moves.
When relocating your office, plastic crates can make the the transition more effective, efficient and environmentally friendly.
AWard Moving Handy Checklist
We recommend starting approximately 8 weeks before the move date.
- Be on hand when the driver arrives and throughout the loading process. Make sure someone will be there to direct the movers.
- Accompany the driver during inventory. Check on the condition of your goods as they are loaded.
- Make a final tour of your home. Make sure that nothing is overlooked.
- At your new location instruct movers where to place boxes and furniture.
- Sign the bill of lading and make sure your new address and phone number are correct.
- Be on hand to pay the driver with a personal check or credit card.
Using this moving checklist will keep you prepared and organized.
One Day Before
- Empty, clean and defrost your refrigerator at least 24 hours before your moving date.
- Pack a box of things you might need at your new home. Cleaning supplies, disposable plates and cups, bathroom items, trash bags are a necessity. Pack a separate box with blankets, sheets and pillows for your bed.
One Week Before
- Accomplish packing a few days before your move date. Label your boxes. “Fragile”, “Do not load” etc.
- Dispose of items that are considered a hazard and not allowed to be moved. See our AWard Moving Services, Inc. packing tip list.
- If necessary notify your building manager. Reserve the elevator and a parking space at your old and new address for the AWard Moving Services, Inc. truck.
- Arrange for any items that might need to be picked up. Cleaners, pharmacy etc.
One Month Before
- Schedule travel arrangements if you are moving out of the area. All travel arrangements (hotel, flights, car rental, etc.) for your family should be made at this time.
- Make transportation arrangements for your pets.
- Call AWard Moving Services, Inc. and schedule your move date. An AWard Moving consultant will answer any questions you might have.
- Decide how much packing you will handle yourself. AWard Moving Services, Inc. offers professional packing services. Contact the post office for the Change of Address form. Give your new address to:
- Friends and Family
- Utility Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Local Government agencies
- Health care Providers
- Newspaper and Magazine Subscriptions
Six Weeks Before
- Have your packing supplies ready. And yes, AWard Moving Services, Inc. has great prices on a wide variety of supplies you may need.
- Clean out the pantry. Time to enjoy the rest of those canned goods.
- Your new home will need to accommodate your large appliances and larger pieces of furniture so get out the measuring tape and review the available space in your new home. Don’t forget to measure the entry ways your large furniture will need to pass through.
- Have a yard sale.
Eight Weeks Before
- Begin by making a list of what you want to move and things you will get rid of. Don’t forget to return borrowed items to your neighbors.
- Make arrangements to transfer school records to the new school district your child will be attending.
- Keep a copy of your new address somewhere handy.